All 143 art Reviews

Lovely Little Lamb Lovely Little Lamb

That Monster's sheep disguise isn't fooling anyone anymore! D8

DIggin' that pose! The thick-to-thin line work in conjunction with the shading really brings that horrible sheep monster to life. Quirky yet horrifying style you got goin' on. :P

Coco Bandicoot Coco Bandicoot

She's running to the battery store. :P

eat eat

(Eats T-Rex Fossil)

Pig Orcs Pig Orcs

Oh no! Porcs!

That's some darn good anatomy you got going on there! Not to mention the shading you've got going along with it is super consistent with the light source. :P

I have no idea what the technique is called, but I dig the way the colours are made paler than normal to go with the beige in the background, kinda like medieval paintings.

Keep up the great work!

Korbin Tolvas Korbin Tolvas

Some cool lineart and composition you've got going on here! It also seems like you've got some ideas to flesh out a story or two about this guy, so hopefully you revisit this at least a couple more times for some good practice. :P

In therms of art, the only thing about this drawing that seems a little bit off is the fact that Korbin and his Crow's have a bit of moonlight shining on their highlights, but the buildings in the back do not.

Seems like your stylistic choice was to have the characters be more detailed as they are closer to camera, and to have the buildings in the back a bit more simplified due to the distance away FROM the camera.

Even with this tactic in mind, I'm sure adding a small amount of moonshine (not the drink!) to the buildings would help make everything fit in with the light sources you've chosen.

Great work all around though, so I hope you keep practicing and get even better! :)

Derkasnake responds:

Thank you for the kind words! And yeah, I didn't put moonlight on the buildings for the reasons you stated. Looking back now, I think it would've been okay if I reduced the glow effect compared to everything else in the picture.

SPACEBALLS SPACEBALLS

Haha this is great!
When I saw the icon on the front page I recognized it immediately as SpaceBalls. It's one of my favorite movies and you certainly did it justice with this cartoon-y rendition.

You did a great job with the composition and were able to fit in a ton of references into a single page as a result.

Keep up the amazing work my friend! :D

VincentGrey responds:

Thank you so much that you like my version of Spaceballs, Syrupmasterz!

Frog Portrait Frog Portrait

It's got some great details and some excellent lighting choices to push the drawing even further.
This frog is positively regal. :P

TheMewx Season 1 Poster TheMewx Season 1 Poster

Get hype

Cadence Sexy Cowgirl Cadence Sexy Cowgirl

You drew her face super well man! All the shading and highlights show a great understanding of lighting. :)

If you don't mind me asking, what pixel resolution do you work with when doing detailed art?
I work with 1280w x 720h Res: 200 px/inch most of the time and my character's faces turn out pixel-y when I try to add too much detail.

Maybe I'm just working too far zoomed in or working with too low of a resolution, but that's my current problem. haha

Great work!

DidiEsmeralda responds:

Hi, thanks for comment Syrup, I always do the work in A4 format and 300 dpi.
I encourage your work.

Hey man! Hey man!

I've noticed that trying to kill an obvious Darksider just leads you to getting blown up by everyone else, YOU GOTTA SHOW RESTRAINT. :P

Good recreation of the original, but you accidentally forgot to shade the Worm's left hand and add the line thicknesses on the middle panel. Other than that, good going. haha

DoodlingHitman responds:

Haha, yeah, I just noticed that as well.

Thanks! :]