Frumplequest the Conquistador: EMBARRASSMENT (part 3) Frumplequest the Conquistador: EMBARRASSMENT (part 3)

The Frumplequest crew certainly has a knack for making videos that are a complete head trip...even the "tame" ones are bizarre.

I dig all the imagination and effort that goes into these.
Great work! :D

Kill la Kill The Flash Collab Kill la Kill The Flash Collab

All of the voice actors and animators did an awesome job!
I thoroughly enjoyed watching how this all came together, I only wish I wasn't slow as hell so that I could've actually contributed to this. I'll still finish my part to honour you guys and the voice actors though.

Great work everybody! :D

Cry and Chey: Don't Starve - Part 1 of 3 Cry and Chey: Don't Starve - Part 1 of 3

Pretty good so far!

I'm impressed with the amount of different drawings this animation has. While not every scene has lip sync while Cry and Chey talk, it is well done when it is used.

I'm not sure how far along you are with the other parts but having roughly the same level of drawing quality (if not better) with some additional scenes with lip sync would make for an enjoyable mini-series. :)

Keep it up!

Rixian responds:

Alrighty!! >u</ will try

Lizard Life Lizard Life

<THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK>

Not bad!
The game has no real glitches and the game is a good test of one's patience and concentration.
After about a half an hour and several failed attempts I was able to catch all of the flies and got to the end screen, so the game is 100% beatable.

The only thing that seemed a bit off was that the Salamanders' tongue would sometimes go nowhere near as far as I had clicked. Not sure if this was deliberate to keep me on my toes with some RNG, or if it's just my computer bugging out temporarily.

I was able to get a good amount of fun from it, but as it stands the game is a little bit limited in terms of animation and extra things to do.
I can play the game as many times as I want, sure, but to help improve the games' longevity, it wouldn't hurt to try adding some extra game modes or challenges.

You're probably all finished with this game, but if you ever decided to make a sequel or revamp this game, here are a few suggestions that I'm sure would make it better.

-The tutorial at the start is short, sweet and to the point, but afterwards it should lead to a small menu with options and different modes to play before starting the game.
-An options menu could allow things such as sound muting, song changes and different colours for the flies. Customizations or different Salamanders? You name it! It would help people if they got tired listening to the same trance song while they played.
-The Salamander is always clinging to the wall perfectly still, even before it explodes in a violent burst of light. Adding a quick intro animation of it climbing into position (like Salamanders' do in REAL LIFE :D ) might help to give it some charm and personality, make me NOT want to accidently cause it to blow up.
-The end game screen isn't the most exciting victory screen I've ever seen. Perhaps a small sound effect and some fireworks, or even a song change would help the sense of accomplishment seem a bit more impressive and lively.
-More modes...
---Survival Mode - With a score counter and endless flies
---Timed Mode - Endless Flies, how many can you catch with custom time limits?
---New Game + - More flies, more colours, more focus needed.
---Challenges - Never catch a flie with a unique colour that flies rapidly everywhere, it won't leave you alone!
---Hurry Up Mode - Waiting too long or being too cautious will occasionally cause more flies to show up. Can you spot an opening fast enough?
-An animation of the Salamander squiggling when it catches the wrong colour of flie, he tastes his mistake and realizes he's about to go boom, maybe he should panic. haha

Nothing wrong with a focus test game, but with some tweaks I'm sure it can be a lot more impressive. Keep it up and keep improving!

Werneck responds:

Wow, thanks so much for the extensive feedback! I agree with all your points, and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

I'll definitely work further on lizard life! I've been forcing myself to publish small, bare-essentials versions of my game ideas at the moment, as I work alone and have been struggling with projects that are too big or too ambitious and see the light of day.

I'll likely repost a more complete version of Lizard Life in two weeks or so, and many of your suggestions will be incorporated there. Meanwhile, if you have the time, check out my game Hexpulse, here on Newgrounds. It's a lot more complete, but I could use some feedback on it, too :)

QuaRkZ QuaRkZ

I thoroughly enjoy out smarting machines. :P

Slime Mix Slime Mix

The has good music and a nice art style, and functions well when playing.
However there is a bug that freezes the game after trying to replay a level. when you run out of time. If you could correct this glitch so the replay button works without crashing the game, the game would be a 4/5.
Best of luck to you!

Enormous Shadow Enormous Shadow

This would fit perfectly as the soundtrack for a Boss Battle in a haunted house! Something about those long held piano notes that just sound...evil. :P

All of the separate parts are tied together with some nice progression and keep the song from getting stale. From what I can tell is that the song loops about twice, what you could do if you were feeling ambitious is to try adding an extra instrument, make a change to the percussion or add a new part to play on the second play to add even more variety to the song. It could make the song more enjoyable if you were to loop the whole sound if you were to use it in a game or something. Just a suggestion though. :)

Spooky stuff indeed, keep it up man!

Shatter Shatter

This song sure seems to have...SHATTERED expectations! :D
(Thrown out the window)

In all seriousness though, great work finding a balance between a peaceful synth melody and satisfying beats/stronger synths.

As well on a side note, this song makes me think of an Angel soaring casually though the sky, only to start aggressively start head banging when the song comes on. :P

Keep it up!

Deathmatch Deathmatch

Your work seems to always emulate the era of awesome PS1 - PS2 style techno soundtracks, much to my delight. :P

My terminology for musical compositions is still a bit limited but I'll do my best to describe the best part for me. The large amount of variety you must work very hard to achieve in your songs is still greatly appreciated, and is backed with a familiar synth that is present throughout the entire song. This same synth becomes bolder and more powerful towards the end to help paint the story the title of the song creates in ones head.
(wooooooooo WOOOOH WAAAHHHHHHHH WHAAAAAH Wooooooooooooo)

Heh, but any who...this certainly is a cool song to listen to.
Looking forward to the next sundae. :D

Noisysundae responds:

As always, thanks for the review!

Actually, I'm still not that satisfied with the result since I had very limited time for the contest. Worked hard, yes, but only on the last day before the deadline. XD

speedpaint-Gul'dan speedpaint-Gul'dan

Trying to do realistic art pieces in monochrome is pretty tough to do since you need a good knowledge of shading and highlights, but it doesn't look like that was an issue. You pulled this off spectacularly!

This is one Cool'Dan. :P

COME ON, GIMME THE CASH!! COME ON, GIMME THE CASH!!

Those are some cool expressions you got going on with those gators, whimsical yet intimidating. The poses are well done too! :P

It's also interesting how you're able to keep the design simple and cartoony and still keep all the scale details. I could learn a trick or two from this.

Great work all around, keep it up!

fabianlpineda responds:

Thanks! I will.

Worm Doodle Worm Doodle

When you miss a shot with low HP and the enemy Worm's team is right next to you...
This is that face...