Rats & Rice Rats & Rice

I got quite a few confused chuckles out of this film, which is what I'm sure you were after when you made this. :P

I'm a little conflicted with the rating I'm giving though. On one hand it's a deliberately deranged film with a lot of lazy and messed up art, but on the other it's got some well done scenes with cool lighting and cinematography.

So basically I'll say that you made a film I could enjoy, but working on your art will go a long way, even when trying to mess with people's heads. haha

Keep up the good work man!

YOU'RE A BLIZZARD, HARRY! YOU'RE A BLIZZARD, HARRY!

Try to fix those audio spikes, lower the blizzard volume ever so slightly and I think you're set. :P

The Final Battle of Meme War 2 (Countryball Animation) The Final Battle of Meme War 2 (Countryball Animation)

Eyy you got out of your art rut! :D

Not bad! I know the concept is based on the memeballs I've seen going around, which is good for a simple animation exercise.

Perhaps with the text you could have added some of those RPG text noises since the jokes are based on the written dialog as opposed to voice acting. Would double as an extra joke.

Other than that, I enjoy your choice of camera angles/cinematography, but you can always add a tiny bit more detail and flourishes to the animation.

6.4/10 would meme again.

P.S
Even as a Canadian, I forgot that there were angry Canadians that clubbed seals. lol

The Pirates The Pirates

After several attempts I was able to get this game to work, for some reason after clicking the instructions menu it makes it impossible for me to click "Play" and start the game.

After switching browsers I got the game to run, where the game was alright. I could move around, switch cannons and fight the ships until I blew up. Unfortunately though, I couldn't get the game to start again afterwards.

I have no clue what is causing these problems, but fixing the menu will make it so people will get a chance to play and enjoy it.

Other than that, the game just needs some polish. Making the menu a bit more lively and perhaps level selection or difficulties could certainly help. As well you could adjust the enemy A.I so they sail in different ways as opposed to always heading directly in a straight line to your ship to try and ram you.

All of that would help to make things more enjoyable.
So I wish you luck, and hope that an upgraded project will result from this. :)

juanman29 responds:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the problems, this is my first game and I still have a lot to learn yet.

Tripower Tripower

I think something might have gone wrong when you exported this to NewGrounds, because when I open up this page all I see is a blue screen with a few different coloured shapes that never move.

I'm sure this is where a cinematic or gameplay was supposed to start, but for me it is completely frozen. I tried using different web browsers just in case the game wasn't compatible but that also didn't work. Pressed buttons, clicked everywhere, nothin'. It's a darn shame man.

However, I'm sure if you look at the programming or re-export it again and re-upload it should (hopefully) work and I'll be able to play the game the way it was meant to be played. :)

Best of luck!

AdrianAlanBullock responds:

Thank you for your analysis and your opinion. I'm trying to re-work the programming as we speak. Of course, I don't know how many levels I will create, given that this is my actual first time using Construct 3 or any version of Construct for that matter. Also, I can't promise sound effects because I just found out about Construct 3, so I will see what I can do.

Lizard Life Lizard Life

<THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK>

Not bad!
The game has no real glitches and the game is a good test of one's patience and concentration.
After about a half an hour and several failed attempts I was able to catch all of the flies and got to the end screen, so the game is 100% beatable.

The only thing that seemed a bit off was that the Salamanders' tongue would sometimes go nowhere near as far as I had clicked. Not sure if this was deliberate to keep me on my toes with some RNG, or if it's just my computer bugging out temporarily.

I was able to get a good amount of fun from it, but as it stands the game is a little bit limited in terms of animation and extra things to do.
I can play the game as many times as I want, sure, but to help improve the games' longevity, it wouldn't hurt to try adding some extra game modes or challenges.

You're probably all finished with this game, but if you ever decided to make a sequel or revamp this game, here are a few suggestions that I'm sure would make it better.

-The tutorial at the start is short, sweet and to the point, but afterwards it should lead to a small menu with options and different modes to play before starting the game.
-An options menu could allow things such as sound muting, song changes and different colours for the flies. Customizations or different Salamanders? You name it! It would help people if they got tired listening to the same trance song while they played.
-The Salamander is always clinging to the wall perfectly still, even before it explodes in a violent burst of light. Adding a quick intro animation of it climbing into position (like Salamanders' do in REAL LIFE :D ) might help to give it some charm and personality, make me NOT want to accidently cause it to blow up.
-The end game screen isn't the most exciting victory screen I've ever seen. Perhaps a small sound effect and some fireworks, or even a song change would help the sense of accomplishment seem a bit more impressive and lively.
-More modes...
---Survival Mode - With a score counter and endless flies
---Timed Mode - Endless Flies, how many can you catch with custom time limits?
---New Game + - More flies, more colours, more focus needed.
---Challenges - Never catch a flie with a unique colour that flies rapidly everywhere, it won't leave you alone!
---Hurry Up Mode - Waiting too long or being too cautious will occasionally cause more flies to show up. Can you spot an opening fast enough?
-An animation of the Salamander squiggling when it catches the wrong colour of flie, he tastes his mistake and realizes he's about to go boom, maybe he should panic. haha

Nothing wrong with a focus test game, but with some tweaks I'm sure it can be a lot more impressive. Keep it up and keep improving!

Werneck responds:

Wow, thanks so much for the extensive feedback! I agree with all your points, and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

I'll definitely work further on lizard life! I've been forcing myself to publish small, bare-essentials versions of my game ideas at the moment, as I work alone and have been struggling with projects that are too big or too ambitious and see the light of day.

I'll likely repost a more complete version of Lizard Life in two weeks or so, and many of your suggestions will be incorporated there. Meanwhile, if you have the time, check out my game Hexpulse, here on Newgrounds. It's a lot more complete, but I could use some feedback on it, too :)

Feeling Cool (Literally!) Feeling Cool (Literally!)

You did a bang up job with this song man, can't tell you what I'm going to use it for 'cuz spoilers, but it'll make the scene a whole lot better. :P

After talking back and forth a few times this turned into a wonderfully diverse track with some cool instruments I can bob my head to.

Lookin' forward to working with you again someday.
Keep it up buddy!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! :) Looking forward to it.

Kotori [ Future Bass ] Kotori [ Future Bass ]

Haha, it reminds me of some songs from the Ape Escape games.
Nice work!

Enormous Shadow Enormous Shadow

This would fit perfectly as the soundtrack for a Boss Battle in a haunted house! Something about those long held piano notes that just sound...evil. :P

All of the separate parts are tied together with some nice progression and keep the song from getting stale. From what I can tell is that the song loops about twice, what you could do if you were feeling ambitious is to try adding an extra instrument, make a change to the percussion or add a new part to play on the second play to add even more variety to the song. It could make the song more enjoyable if you were to loop the whole sound if you were to use it in a game or something. Just a suggestion though. :)

Spooky stuff indeed, keep it up man!

Lovely Little Lamb Lovely Little Lamb

That Monster's sheep disguise isn't fooling anyone anymore! D8

DIggin' that pose! The thick-to-thin line work in conjunction with the shading really brings that horrible sheep monster to life. Quirky yet horrifying style you got goin' on. :P

Coco Bandicoot Coco Bandicoot

She's running to the battery store. :P

eat eat