Rats & Rice Rats & Rice

I got quite a few confused chuckles out of this film, which is what I'm sure you were after when you made this. :P

I'm a little conflicted with the rating I'm giving though. On one hand it's a deliberately deranged film with a lot of lazy and messed up art, but on the other it's got some well done scenes with cool lighting and cinematography.

So basically I'll say that you made a film I could enjoy, but working on your art will go a long way, even when trying to mess with people's heads. haha

Keep up the good work man!

YOU'RE A BLIZZARD, HARRY! YOU'RE A BLIZZARD, HARRY!

Try to fix those audio spikes, lower the blizzard volume ever so slightly and I think you're set. :P

The Final Battle of Meme War 2 (Countryball Animation) The Final Battle of Meme War 2 (Countryball Animation)

Eyy you got out of your art rut! :D

Not bad! I know the concept is based on the memeballs I've seen going around, which is good for a simple animation exercise.

Perhaps with the text you could have added some of those RPG text noises since the jokes are based on the written dialog as opposed to voice acting. Would double as an extra joke.

Other than that, I enjoy your choice of camera angles/cinematography, but you can always add a tiny bit more detail and flourishes to the animation.

6.4/10 would meme again.

P.S
Even as a Canadian, I forgot that there were angry Canadians that clubbed seals. lol

The Pirates The Pirates

After several attempts I was able to get this game to work, for some reason after clicking the instructions menu it makes it impossible for me to click "Play" and start the game.

After switching browsers I got the game to run, where the game was alright. I could move around, switch cannons and fight the ships until I blew up. Unfortunately though, I couldn't get the game to start again afterwards.

I have no clue what is causing these problems, but fixing the menu will make it so people will get a chance to play and enjoy it.

Other than that, the game just needs some polish. Making the menu a bit more lively and perhaps level selection or difficulties could certainly help. As well you could adjust the enemy A.I so they sail in different ways as opposed to always heading directly in a straight line to your ship to try and ram you.

All of that would help to make things more enjoyable.
So I wish you luck, and hope that an upgraded project will result from this. :)

juanman29 responds:

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the problems, this is my first game and I still have a lot to learn yet.

Tripower Tripower

I think something might have gone wrong when you exported this to NewGrounds, because when I open up this page all I see is a blue screen with a few different coloured shapes that never move.

I'm sure this is where a cinematic or gameplay was supposed to start, but for me it is completely frozen. I tried using different web browsers just in case the game wasn't compatible but that also didn't work. Pressed buttons, clicked everywhere, nothin'. It's a darn shame man.

However, I'm sure if you look at the programming or re-export it again and re-upload it should (hopefully) work and I'll be able to play the game the way it was meant to be played. :)

Best of luck!

AdrianAlanBullock responds:

Thank you for your analysis and your opinion. I'm trying to re-work the programming as we speak. Of course, I don't know how many levels I will create, given that this is my actual first time using Construct 3 or any version of Construct for that matter. Also, I can't promise sound effects because I just found out about Construct 3, so I will see what I can do.

Lizard Life Lizard Life

<THIS REVIEW CONTAINS SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK>

Not bad!
The game has no real glitches and the game is a good test of one's patience and concentration.
After about a half an hour and several failed attempts I was able to catch all of the flies and got to the end screen, so the game is 100% beatable.

The only thing that seemed a bit off was that the Salamanders' tongue would sometimes go nowhere near as far as I had clicked. Not sure if this was deliberate to keep me on my toes with some RNG, or if it's just my computer bugging out temporarily.

I was able to get a good amount of fun from it, but as it stands the game is a little bit limited in terms of animation and extra things to do.
I can play the game as many times as I want, sure, but to help improve the games' longevity, it wouldn't hurt to try adding some extra game modes or challenges.

You're probably all finished with this game, but if you ever decided to make a sequel or revamp this game, here are a few suggestions that I'm sure would make it better.

-The tutorial at the start is short, sweet and to the point, but afterwards it should lead to a small menu with options and different modes to play before starting the game.
-An options menu could allow things such as sound muting, song changes and different colours for the flies. Customizations or different Salamanders? You name it! It would help people if they got tired listening to the same trance song while they played.
-The Salamander is always clinging to the wall perfectly still, even before it explodes in a violent burst of light. Adding a quick intro animation of it climbing into position (like Salamanders' do in REAL LIFE :D ) might help to give it some charm and personality, make me NOT want to accidently cause it to blow up.
-The end game screen isn't the most exciting victory screen I've ever seen. Perhaps a small sound effect and some fireworks, or even a song change would help the sense of accomplishment seem a bit more impressive and lively.
-More modes...
---Survival Mode - With a score counter and endless flies
---Timed Mode - Endless Flies, how many can you catch with custom time limits?
---New Game + - More flies, more colours, more focus needed.
---Challenges - Never catch a flie with a unique colour that flies rapidly everywhere, it won't leave you alone!
---Hurry Up Mode - Waiting too long or being too cautious will occasionally cause more flies to show up. Can you spot an opening fast enough?
-An animation of the Salamander squiggling when it catches the wrong colour of flie, he tastes his mistake and realizes he's about to go boom, maybe he should panic. haha

Nothing wrong with a focus test game, but with some tweaks I'm sure it can be a lot more impressive. Keep it up and keep improving!

Werneck responds:

Wow, thanks so much for the extensive feedback! I agree with all your points, and will definitely take your suggestions into consideration.

I'll definitely work further on lizard life! I've been forcing myself to publish small, bare-essentials versions of my game ideas at the moment, as I work alone and have been struggling with projects that are too big or too ambitious and see the light of day.

I'll likely repost a more complete version of Lizard Life in two weeks or so, and many of your suggestions will be incorporated there. Meanwhile, if you have the time, check out my game Hexpulse, here on Newgrounds. It's a lot more complete, but I could use some feedback on it, too :)

WHY CAN'T I FINISH A PROJECT WHY CAN'T I FINISH A PROJECT

The trick to finishing something is to finish it even if you don't like the way it sounds.
From there, keep tweaking and adjusting things to make it sound better. The song is 'finished' but can still be improved upon.

Doing it this way helps prevent the 'it's not finished' mindset and helps to alleviate a bit of stress.
Give it a shot, you got nothing to lose by trying! :P

Joolz125 responds:

Thanks for the feedback, but as my master said, "Nothing sounds good until it does" - Seamlessr

I typically try to refine everything before I move on to the next "Part" of the song, and I sorta know what I want something to sound like, but I can't. Either because I don't have the knowledge, or I don't have the equipment (VST's, Plugins)

I guess I should stop trying so hard and not focus on one specific thing. And if I try so hard to make it perfect, I will never make any progress. So I need to force myself to get my ideas down and fix it later. "If you keep your pen in the same spot for too long, you'll just get a big dark puddle of ink" - Just Monika

Anyway idk why I spent so long writing about this, I don't really know what got to me but yea, thanks.

Venturescape - Ep. 6: A World of Her Making Venturescape - Ep. 6: A World of Her Making

Dang man, that's some solid sound design you got going on here, all you're missing is the visuals and you got yourself a cartoon. :P

You also did a good job sifting through my million+ plus takes for Warton, made it sound like I knew what I was doing from the get go. haha

Keep it up!

RealFaction responds:

Thanks! You did a good job. Well if you look at the video version it has visuals somewhat, but yes someday i hope it gets to be animated somehow. I would love it if people made small fan animated clips of scenes in the show. Would be cool. The "stupid tree" part has me laughing every time, it just tickles me. I wrote the character around you so you gave me some inspiration.

someTrash_073 someTrash_073

Well you certainly did try to compose a boss battle song...AND YOU SUCCEEDED! :D

I don't know why, but the dodoodododly doo-s and the other synth kinda give it an Egyptian feel, it's pretty cool!

If I ever end up needing a song for a movie/game where characters fight someTrash, I'll happily use this. Keep it up!

maldan responds:

Thanks :D

Sentry duty Sentry duty

I'd probably call them Relic Sentries or Wandering Sentries based on their lore description.

Other than that I said you did a good job adding some life to the animation while still making it look mechanically sound, with the pistons and the details of the extensions. :)

Tcrakman responds:

Thanks, im glad you think it has life! thats what i planned for this one.
To make it move as much as possible while still keeping a mechanical feeling to it.

I like both names also! I´ll probably keep the sentries word in their final name though.

Winter Portrait Winter Portrait

I say this often, but seeing you enjoying and looking forward snowy weather after all those times you dreaded it really brightens my day. :)

Great work with the pastel colours and the shading as well, not being a master of anatomy (yet) I can't tell if anything if off proportion wise with my brain right now, so I'd say it's all good. haha

Keep up the good work!

doublemaximus responds:

Aw thank you so much!!!
Yeah I feel like I can officially start loving winter again now that I live in a house with heat <3 It's been great!!

Skull boi - Sneaky boi Skull boi - Sneaky boi

You can trust him to be well-dressed, but that's about it. :P

dimi3 responds:

Hahahah, yep, that about sums him up =)